At Woodland Hill, we work closely with families during the admissions process to ensure that our school is the best match for the child and school. We look for children and parents of diverse talents, backgrounds, experiences, and cultures who will benefit from a cooperative, nurturing environment where students are challenged to reach their full potential.
- The admissions process begins with a parent visit. Parents tour the school, observe a classroom in session, and meet with the Director of Admissions or Head of School.
- Interested families then submit a completed application and application free.
- For children five years of age and older, please provide copies of progress reports, school records as well as a teacher recommendation form from their current school.
- When all application materials have been received, the child will be invited to the school for a visit. Primary age children will explore the classroom one-on-one with a lead Montessori teacher. Applicants to the Elementary and Middle School programs will first visit a classroom afterschool and work one-on-one with a faculty member. After the initial visit, the Elementary or Middle School student will be invited to spend part of a day in the classroom receiving lessons, choosing work, and interacting with the other children. All prospective students will be informally assessed by a teacher and prior school records will be evaluated.
- Applications received by February 1 will be reviewed by the admissions committee and invitations to enroll are mailed in early March.
- Applications received after February 1, as well as for mid-year admissions, are considered as space is available.
- Acceptance of the offer by the parents is confirmed by submitting a signed enrollment contract with a non refundable tuition deposit of $750 along with the one-time new family matriculation fee of $500 within two weeks of the offer of admission.
Please contact the Office of Admission (518-283-5400) to schedule a tour or to receive further information about our school. Thank you for considering Woodland Hill Montessori School for your child and your family.