Assistant Head of School
The Assistant Head of School will work closely with the Head of School to ensure the delivery of high-quality Montessori education, to foster a positive school culture that embodies the mission of the school, and to serve as a resource for teachers, parents, and students.
- Committed and passionate proponent for Montessori education
- Engaged, effective, and transparent communicator
- Advocate with deep passion for, and commitment to, the well-being of children
- Respected leader who listens well and empowers others
- Affinity for connecting with people
- Ambassador of the school and an advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High degree of personal initiative
- Flexible and resilient
- Team builder with a growth mindset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Skilled mediator who can facilitate the peaceful resolution of conflicts
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, Educational Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of teaching or school leadership experience
- Montessori credential and experience preferred
Elementary Assistant Teacher, full time, ten-month position
Teach in a truly inspiring learning environment. Woodland Hill Montessori School nurtures a child’s love of learning and a sense of social and personal responsibility using the child-centered Montessori philosophy.
We are seeking an Assistant Elementary Teacher to join our team of dedicated professionals, starting in late August 2020. Full time, 10 months, with benefits.
School Nurse, part-time (approximately 25 hours per week)
Woodland Hill Montessori School is seeking a school nurse to partner with the faculty and administration to advance the health and well-being of students. The school nurse will oversee all school health policies and programs and promote health education. Job responsibilities to include:
- Providing preventative services
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Treating injuries and responding to presenting health concerns
- Encouraging students to maintain healthy habits and behaviors
- Identifying both actual and potential health problems
- Collaborating with educators, school officials, students, and families to ensure students respond positively to their environment and develop normally
- Reviewing and maintaining health and immunization records
- Providing health-related education
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Providing health advice to school educational teams
WHMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, transferring, and promotions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation and national origin, alienage, age, pregnancy, marital/partnership status, citizenship, military status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic predisposition, status of domestic violence, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.