There are many ways you can help support the mission of Woodland Hill Montessori School. One option is a donation to the WHMS Fund.
Because tuition covers only part of the cost of running the school, we must rely on the generosity of the community to help sustain our rich learning environment. WHMS Fund donations make a difference and benefit every WHMS student. Every gift in every amount helps to ensure the legacy of our school.
The WHMS Fund provides essential unrestricted funds in support of the school’s general operations.
Each year families and friends of WHMS are asked to donate to the school to be used for supplemental expenditures in the current year that are not covered by tuition. In the past, the annual fund has been used to pay for a Steinway piano, playground equipment, swim classes, classroom furniture, and other items from the teachers’ wish lists. Every contribution to the WHMS Fund is important no matter what the size because it is an expression of your support. Every gift counts and every gift is truly appreciated. The donations are also tax-deductible!
In past years, the Fund provided funding for:
- Special Events, including Opera Saratoga and the Bio Bus
- Staff Development
- Chromebooks and carts for elementary and middle school students
- Hand-held microphones for our school plays
- Playground equipment
- Speakers and Assemblies
- Smart Boards
- Computer Lab
- Primary Level field trips
- Writer- and Artist-in-Residence programs
- Books and software for the library
- COVID testing, cleaning supplies, and air purifiers
- 40 wish list items purchased for the Library’s JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) collection.
- Nishant Mehta – Mehta Cognition – consultancy to develop long-term orientation and vision for JEDI